Saturday, June 13, 2015

We are here! We are here! We are here!

Well, I'm sure my mom is happy I have made it to Lima safely! The plane rides took forever, and every single one was delayed. I didn't get more than two hours of sleep the whole journey, and when I did it was in some ridiculously uncomfortable position!
It just feels great to be on solid ground and HERE! It's still unbelievable, but now we have already spent our first night in Lima! We arrived late last night, thanks to our very nice Taxi driver (Luis). We are staying at Pariwana Hostel and it is so great! The people here are so nice, and there's a cool rooftop area where everyone was dancing, drinking, and partying.


I met some cool guy from New Zealand that backpacked El Camino de Santiago last year, the first backpacking and international trip I had taken. We went to bed after getting some late night food, because we were exhausted. On our way to get food we had to cross a park that was full of stray cats! We call it Parque de Gato now. haha




Amy and I woke up at 7:30 to get some free bread and butter and to go explore the city! We ran across a cute street market, some cool parks, and then found the ocean!

We have walked back now for Amanda to join us for lunch. She is the other person from OSU that traveled with us. There hasn't been much in the way of culture shock, probably because it is such a big city. Of course, we are near McDonalds', Burger King, and the other crap foods. I really wanted a tamal today from the market, but I only had big bills to pay with. It's been exciting to practice my Spanish, but also stressful!

I'm getting pretty hungry, and frankly I would rather not be on a computer right now. I thought I should just give an update! Hopefully these will get more exciting. Send me messages via Facebook if you'd like to chat or add me on Viber. When I have internet connection (which should be frequent the first week) I will reply! Adios!

Auna


1 comment: